Hey guys and gals,
So even though healthy eating is SUPER important, you have to treat yourself from time to time below is an amazing step by step recipe to a quick, easy and delicious lava cake!
|baking chocolate, 115g|
|unsalted butter, 2 teaspoons|
|white sugar, 2 tablespoons|
|large eggs, 2|
|all purpose flour, 2 tablespoons|
|salt, 1/8 teaspoon|
- Preheat oven to 105°C, and grease two ramekins generously with butter. Put a small spoonful of sugar in each cup, coating the butter all around. Dump out any excess sugar. Place the greased cups on a baking sheet or oven safe dish.
- Put the chopped chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave it on high for 30 seconds, take it out and stir it repeat until completely melted.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix butter and the sugar with an electric mixer or a rubber spatula until thoroughly combined, smooth, and paste-like.
- Add the two eggs to the mixture, and beat it with the electric mixer or a whisk until everything is combined. Add the flour and salt, and again beat everything with the mixer until it’s thoroughly mixed.
- Add about 1/3 of the melted chocolate to the mixture in the mixing bowl, then use a rubber spatula to gently fold it in. Add the rest of the chocolate mixture, and fold together then divide the batter evenly between the two greased custard cups. Bake the cakes until the tops are just set but the cakes still jiggle slightly when you shake them, about 11 minutes.
- Let the finished cakes sit in cups for five minutes when they’re finished baking. Then, flip each cup over on a dessert plate, and tap the bottoms of the cups so that the cakes fall out, decorate and serve immediately.
Tell me what you think!
– AR x